Tournaments are short PvP events (example: two days’ duration) that will occur on a variable schedule, as determined by our Live Operations team. While Tournaments are available, you can keep playing the PvP Battle (and indeed participate in an ongoing Season, if it is active). To join a Tournament you can choose to opt-in.
To enter a Tournament go to the Tournaments tab in the Battle Panel of the game and tap the “Play” button to begin registration. This section also shows upcoming and past Tournaments.
- If your account was created after version 1.13, you must first reach the Badlands Arena before having access to Tournaments. Dropping below Badlands still grants access to Tournaments.
- Players collect medals, not trophies, for each battle won in a tournament.
- Every player starts at a certain Medal score determined by their PvP Arena placement.
- Prizes are awarded based on a player’s Medal High Score at the end of each tournament.
- If part of an Alliance, beating your Medal High Score rewards you Alliance Points for the ongoing Alliance Championship!
- If part of an Alliance, defeating 10 Creatures in Tournaments also rewards you an Alliance Point bonus!
- Matchmaking is determined by Medal Count.
- Tournament matches occur in a new, special arena: Amusement Park!
- Tournament takedowns are not added to the Daily Battle Incubator’s progress.
- You do not win Battle Incubators that are usually associated with the regular PvP Battles while playing in a Tournament.
- Tournaments are distinct from Seasons.
- You can opt in at any time while a Tournament is active. Be sure to note how much time is left in a Tournament to ensure that you have the greatest chance of victory.
Here are some examples of Tournament types, and their associated nomenclature:
- While playing in Tournaments, a few requirements may apply. Above are some examples using the most common rules.
- The rules may be updated periodically to create new types of Tournaments.
- When your Strike Team matches any and all requirements, you may participate in the Tournament.
- Creatures that don’t fit with the requirements are automatically filtered out in Team Selection. The rest are left to be picked and placed in the Tournament Team by the player!
Special PvP rules apply
- All players that opt in, except for flagged cheaters, are part of the matchmaking pool for each individual Tournament.
- see “Cheaters” section below for details.
- Use your team of 8 creatures based on the Tournament’s restrictions…
- Use 4 randomly chosen creatures from your team of 8 for each battle.
- Defeat 3 of your opponent’s creatures to win each match.
- Gain medals when you win to increase your rank.
- When 2 or more players have the same score on the Leaderboard, the tie-breaker will be time-based; the first one to have scored points will receive the advantage in rank.
- Cheaters are removed from each tournament’s Leaderboard and matchmaking. For more information on Cheating and Consequences, please see the following article: Cheating & Consequences
- Furthermore, flagged cheaters will no longer be paired with non-flagged cheaters in PvP battle.
- While the tournament is active, the Tournament Leaderboard shows the top 500 players.
- The Leaderboard shows a player’s Medal High Score, not their current count.
- Players can also see their current position at all times even if it’s below the top 500 in the leaderboard.
- The Leaderboard freezes at the end of the Tournament to determine the winners.
- Please note that if a Tournament battle is completed after the Tournament officially ended, the Final Ranking placement from before the Battle is registered instead.
- Prizes are awarded based on the High Score ranking at the closure of the Tournament.
- If a player is in the middle of a battle when the Tournament ends, the result will not affect their standings.
- Rewards become available to collect as soon as a Tournament ends.
- To collect your reward go to the Tournament menu and tap on the Collect button.
- Players have one week from the end of the Tournament to collect their rewards.
- After the one week collection period the reward data is reset, so please plan accordingly.