Hello DPG members!
We’re in the last stretch of 2022 and we’ve got some exciting news to share in our final Community Update of the year!
Here’s a glimpse of what we have in store in the upcoming weeks:
We are pumped to reveal some exciting items to look forward to in the fourth quarter of this year.
The highlights listed below are only a part of what’s to come in the game. There will be, of course, additional events and items closer to releases.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All content listed in the Roadmap is not final and subject to change if necessary.
General notes for this Quarter
- Many of you have been wondering about the map support ending at the end of the year. No need to worry, support for our game’s map will not be ending!
- More sweepstakes are on the way! Stay tuned for more details to participate.
Welcome to the Inquiry Incubator section!
Here’s where we answer some of the questions asked from you, our Jurassic World Alive community!
Note: We will always do our best to answer as many questions as we can. Please be aware that some questions are part of a larger topic and require more time to discuss before sharing any information. That being said, here are some excellent questions we received from you!
- Newcomers have difficulty progressing in PvPs as they’re often matched against stronger players in lower arenas. Are there plans to balance the arena matchmaking system to offer a better overall experience?
- We’ve noticed that players with a stronger team tended to accumulate trophies in low-level arenas. Thus, we believe rebalancing the arena progression for players will reduce unfair matchmaking and provide a smoother experience and improved learning curve for new and casual players.
Here is a quick recap of the arena progression balancing:
These changes should be applied for the new PvP season in October. We will continue monitoring the situation and adjust the progression if necessary.
- Common ;& Rare Hybrids have the least creature count in the game. Do you consider adding more of these creatures?
- 2023 will definitely be a great year for Commons & Rare Hybrids, and you can expect to hunt them by the start of next year! Some of them might even surprise you! In the meantime,look out for a few new Rare Creatures before the end of the year!
- Exploring the map doesn’t seem as rewarding as before. With Raids, you can unlock and level various hybrids and Apexes without leaving your house. With so much focus on PvP and event-only dinosaurs, it’s hard to find a reason to go out and hunt for dinosaurs. How could this be fixed?
- We truly want map exploring to feel rewarding for players again. We’ve started improving the map this year and continue to do so. Here’s what you might expect in the coming months:
- Creature Tracking: Thank you all for taking part in our May Community Survey. The team is currently working on this feature to provide the best dinosaur hunting experience on the map!
- Rebalancing old hybrids: We’ve received great feedback about our plan to rework the oldest unique creatures. We believe it will bring greater value to components that are currently accessible on the map. It is also one of the main reasons we decided to rebalance creatures like the Diloracheirus and the Entelolania.
- Giving new Hybrids to unused creatures: We realized that many creatures still don’t have a Hybrid lineage (Legendary, Unique or above). We want to address it as it will provide more value to unused creatures when attempting to collect or drone them. For example, creatures like Dsungaia or Postimetrodon’s lineage have received a lot of attention thanks to that approach.
- More creature rotations and exclusive creatures on the map: Antarctopelta or Brachiosaurus are good examples of exclusive creatures content that went wild, and we plan on including even more on the map! If you’re looking to strengthen your collection, we highly encourage you to go out and collect Creature’s DNA after update 2.19!
Our team is working hard to improve the map experience, and you should start to notice the impact towards the end of the year. We hope these changes will motivate players to explore the map frequently and collect more DNA!
Welcome to the Community Corner!
In this section, we will highlight the amazing different types of creative content that is shared by you on various social platforms.
What do you think of these teams? Share with us your thoughts in the Jurassic World Alive Discord!